1. Sign up to set up your teamspeak account!

Update part 4. QOL

Discussion in 'Announcements.' started by jamiew0w, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Past threads:

To-do List:
    1. Gameservers.
    2. Twitch Re-integration.
    3. Finish full move from RTMP to HLS streaming.
    4. Notification system for upcoming streams and notices when it goes live.
    5. RSS bot to relay new threads/posts to #welp (currently on ice because of cloudflare)
    6. Flesh out and finish the main IRC bot (jeffrey)

Done List:

1. Removed the kiwiirc services from all pages.
    2. Removed the sidebar entirely from the livestream page, slimmed it down on all other pages. (the stream chat thing was the reason it was fat)
    3. Added two buttons above the player on the livestream page, one to popout chat and another makeshift to show streaming times etc.
    4. Removed two modified modules I put in a while ago, (members online and staff online) and removed the links to the GTAV group, steam group, teamspeak. The main teamspeak viewer will stay.
    5. Removed two redundant nodes for the forum as they shouldn't have been there in the first place. (chat and livestream)
    6. Added the uptime tab, unfortunately it doesn't support public viewing but hopefully it will soon enough and I can promote it as a full feature. Here's what it looks like for anyone curious.
    7. Updated the "about" page with extra information.
    8. Temporarily disabled one of the relays due to a mis-configuration. Will re-enable it after a few days. Re-enabled!
    9. Fixed an annoying timezone bug. Uptimes now check every 5 minutes and display "last checked" properly.
    10. Added a new plugin that moved some xenforo crons to shell. Now they get updated on a set timer instead of "when the next visitor" loads a page, handy stopgap measure to keep stuff (like the teamspeak viewer) fresh.
    11. Changed the banning system for IRC when it concerns anyone using the webchat. This was pretty frustrating to setup but after some testing appears to be working well.
    12. Added the gameservers mentioned in this post
    13. Updated the stream player to HTML5.
    14. Finished with the IRC bot (weeks ago).

I'll update this thread and fix it up throughout the day as I take stock of things and tie up any loose ends. This thread will probably be open for a month or so while I fix/break the last on my to-do list.​

2. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Quick test, timezone setting change.

3. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Unable to work on this (for the most part) for a few days, pretty annoyed.

4. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Spent most of the last 12hours~ trying to get our webchat frontend to properly display hostmasks. There's basically zero documentation available for errors and unfortunately for me, it could be any of a myriad of reasons. Really frustrating trying to nail it down, 4 different configs, restarting services with every change, reverting if it breaks...reverting after another few changes if something else breaks all the while trying to keep track of what has and hasn't worked.

I picked a bad time to stop smoking. In the meantime jeffrey is configured to repeatedly kick (ab)users by nick, not domain. Might end up just leaving it like that and letting the bot handle it...Also fixed an authing/class error with the webchat while I was at it.

Fun!

5. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Did some stuff today.

For gameservers we're currently running;

• Minecraft vanilla server, whitelisted.
    • CSGO DM server, passworded.
    • Farming Sim 15 server, passworded.

For the RTMP->HLS Streaming, I got some done. To fully support HLS I'd need a license which runs 300 a year, so that's out. On the bright side I was able to migrate to HTML5 streaming, so there's that. I tinkered with transcoding on the fly to offer a lower quality option but ultimately ditched it as unneeded.

The IRC bot is as done as it's going to be for a while. The only thing I want to add to it is to automatically accept and assign VHOSTS but that can wait.

I'll flesh out what I did more and update this post over the coming week/christmas break.

Updated several plugins.

6. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Re-added Twitch integration, will have to tinker with it more later today. Also working on exporting RSS feeds (new threads) to #welp on IRC. Should have both completed today.

Ran into small issues with backups doubling, then tripling overnight in size over the past 2-3 days. Found out the problem and deployed a fix, will know tonight if it's working as intended again.

7. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Closing this out as it's been over a year and changes were made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.