1. Sign up to set up your teamspeak account!

The Great Rebuild of 2014.

Discussion in 'Announcements.' started by jamiew0w, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

Where should I start,

Welcome to welp.me! We comprise mostly of a core group of friends (5) of us from Limerick, Ireland who have been gaming together for the last 10 years. Most of us met during university, back when Lan Centers were the hip thing, and Lan Parties were a weekly occurrence.

Over the years we've hosted servers here and there, starting with a counter strike 1.5 server, followed by a battlefield 1942 and battlefield 2 server. It was always a hobby more than anything, a place for us to play where we could meet new people.

We got jobs, some of us even managed to finish college and things quietened down somewhat. From the summer of 2011 to 2012, while three of us were living together, we decided to host some minecraft servers.

It grew from one small server, to a large factions server, to add a tekkit/raceforwool/creative/deathban. At it's peak we were running 9 servers across the board along with the website, teamspeak and 2 MySQL servers. We shut it down after close to 9 months, mostly because of new jobs time restrictions.

welp.me lay idle for 2 years, manifesting itself in random servers every now and again for new games but we never stuck with anything, until now I guess. For the last month we've been putting together a brand new site and teamspeak, the framework for something much larger.

What are our plans? Initially, we're going to solidify on the forums and teamspeak and get everything running properly. After that we're going to branch into hosting gameservers again. We play almost everything, from indie titles, early access all the way to full blown releases, MOBA's, MMORPGs.

If you want to join us for the ride, the sign up button is just over on the side!
    Our teamspeak is ts.welp.me and registration instructions are here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.