1. Sign up to set up your teamspeak account!

Hearthstone

Discussion in 'Game News!' started by jamiew0w, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jamiew0w

jamiew0w Administrator
    Staff Member

This thread will be updated by a bot.

2. welp

welp Active Member

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

Each one of these worthy competitors has victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well! Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: Their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

LBEYAK

Lbeyak is a talented card-slinger who enjoys making intelligent plays with complicated control decks. His road to the Americas Championship Qualifier began with his victory at a Fireside Gathering open tournament in July, but he's also reached Legend in more than one season and performed well in National Electronic Sports League contests. Now he has the chance to truly prove himself against a field of equally fierce competitors. Lbeyak has a meticulous nature, fitting for a duelist who enjoys decks like Handlock and Control Warrior.

What is your favorite deck to play?

I like control decks. My favorites are Ramp Druid, Handlock, and Control Warrior.

What’s your favorite/craziest play you’ve ever made in Hearthstone?

I was playing Ramp Druid versus a Mage. I managed to Faceless Manipulator the Mage’s Archmage Antonidas, play some cheap spells and clear their board. The next turn I used Faceless Manipulator on the Antonidas, and started slinging Fireballs. I ended up winning the game with four Fireballs in hand, both Antonidas’ on board, and the Mage had no choice but to Pyroblast themselves in the face.

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

I put together a deck that I think should be ok, and play it on casual for a bit. If I am losing in casual, it usually means the deck isn’t working. If I am winning in casual, I make adjustments to the deck to improve it. When I feel it is ready, I try it out on the ranked ladder. It is a success if I can improve my rank consistently with it on ladder.

If you could design a card, what would it be?

A 4 Mana Mage spell called Cerebral Invasion. When played, the caster would view two cards from the opponent’s hand. Cerebral Invasion’s audio would be "Your mind betrays you!"

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

Looking forward to playing against Forsen to see what kind of wacky decks he has up his sleeve with the new Curse of Naxxramas cards.

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

A pig or rabbit.

How does one go about making a deal with Ragnaros?

You cannot make a deal with the Firelord. You should use his talents when a good outcome is certain. YOLO Raggin' is not recommended.

What are you passionate about outside of Hearthstone and other video games?

I am a lover of racquet sports (tennis, squash), hiking, film, and computers.

Continue reading...

3. welp

welp Active Member

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

Each one of these worthy competitors has victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well! Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: Their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

THATSADMIRABLE

ThatsAdmirable has rapidly become one of the most well-known players in the Hearthstone community due in large part to his high energy, informative casting style. However, long before emerging as one of the most entertaining casters on the scene, ThatsAdmirable was blazing a trail across the North American ladder, finishing #4 in Hearthstone’s initial season. He can often be found streaming or casting, praising players for their ‘huuuuuuuuuge’ plays.

What got you into Hearthstone?

Well... the long winded answer involves when I first started playing games, and an adventurous journey to 2013. But, we'll say the aesthetics and wonderful game play!

DURID

Hex turn three on StrifeCro's 2/1 Harvest Golem (Not the token, a Harvest Golem with 2 damage taken). The tempo eventually allowed me to take control of the game.

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

I really like playing my own brews when possible. I absolutely love Druid, and the flexibility it allows means you can often make small changes that mean big results. If a build has been fluidly working, I usually take it with me when it counts.

A Legendary that changes forms based on what class it's being played in. (A newer player's first Legendary, if you will.)

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

I'd love to play against Reynad again!

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

An owl!

I hear El Señor del Fuego deals in otherworldly currencies...

Out... side... of... Hearthstone?

Continue reading...

4. welp

welp Active Member

If you’re interested in sharpening your Hearthstone skills, there are plenty of people out there streaming entertaining and informative matches. Among these luminaries you’ll find pro players and skilled amateurs who all share a common goal—to entertain viewers by sharing their knowledge of the game mixed up with memorable moments and a few laughs along the way.

You can find links to all of our streamer profiles on the forums!

Today’s featured streamer is Reynad!

[​IMG]
    Andrey “Reynad” Yanyuk is one of the most recognizable names in Hearthstone. On more than one occasion, a decklist he released sent tremors through the ladder, and his streams are constantly filled with thousands of eager viewers from all over the world. He popularized the infamous Warlock “Zoo” deck, as well as the Aggro Warrior variant deck. Not only has Reynad competed in multiple high-level Hearthstone tournaments, he is also the founder of the professional Hearthstone team Tempo Storm. Reynad is widely (and affectionately) known for his salty demeanor.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your stream?

Reynad: My stream focuses on Ranked Play more than anything else. I try out new deck ideas and do my best to make them competitive, while my viewers and I try to improve our play.

Q: What’s your favorite Battlecry?

Reynad: My favorite Battlecry is from the Elite Tauren Chieftain. It has the best animation and I think the card is underrated!

Q: How did you get into Hearthstone?

Reynad: I first got into Hearthstone when my friend Justin and I played it over Skype on the first day of the closed beta test. He got a key from his guildmate in World of Warcraft, and I was lucky enough to have a viewer send me a key of my own the very next day.

Now my biggest passion in Hearthstone is to develop the competitive scene as much as possible. Hearthstone is a newcomer to eSports, but it shows more potential than any game I have seen to date.

Q: Do you have any advice for new Hearthstone players?

Reynad: My advice to new Hearthstone players is to play the game as much as you can! It really is the best way to improve. Arena is also a great way to familiarize yourself with the cards and interactions, all while building up your collection.

When to Watch
    You can find Reynad streaming most days starting at 8:00 a.m. PDT

Don’t forget to follow Reynad on Twitter and Facebook, and you can find Tempo Storm on Facebook and Twitter as well!

Continue reading...

5. welp

welp Active Member

CHAKKI

A self-described Aggro player, Chakki prides himself on unleashing high pressure barrages to overwhelm his Hearthstone opposition. The popular rumor is that Chakki plays so aggressively that he’s never actually seen turn ten. This style of play has awarded him numerous tournament victories, as well as multiple top 50 ladder finishes. Chakki’s not just a skilled Hearthstone player, however. He’s also (by his own admission) a connoisseur of Peach Tea Snapple.

I've played some card games as well as Blizzard games, so it was a good fit. I learned of the game through Kripparrian's stream.

Aggro Hunter

On ladder, I was facing down lethal on board with no way of actually winning the game. I used Tracking and grabbed an Explosive Trap and played it instantly. My opponent assumed it was Freezing Trap and killed his own Sylvanas to steal a minion instead of just attacking me for game. Next turn I topdecked a Kill Command, put my opponent to two health and the Explosive Trap finished him.

I usually see something interesting and think "that could be good." I build some really bad deck and have friends change them to be better. Success is usually relative depending on my goal of the deck. Sometimes I just want a deck to win a single matchup, so if I can win that matchup reliably, it's a success.

A minion that discards cards from my opponent's deck rather than attacking for damage.

There's a huge pool of players, so I haven't put too much thought towards that. I think a lot of it will depend on what decks people bring to the event.

A penguin.

Not sure, most of my games are over by turn eight!

Peach Tea Snapple.

Chakki can be found on both Twitter and Twitch, discussing Hearthstone, Snapple and much more.

Continue reading...

6. welp

welp Active Member

STRIFECRO

Nature will rise against you . . . especially in the hands of StrifeCro! This master of all of things Druid made a name for himself early on in Hearthstone’s competitive scene by building some very predatory decks. Regardless of the weapon, StrifeCro’s a versatile duelist who enjoys playing hordes of creatures to trample his opposition!

Control Mage

One time I was playing Handlock vs. Miracle Rogue and he had a Gadgetzan Auctioneer out but was in fatigue. We were both very close to dying and I knew he had the full Leeroy combo. I played Sen'jin Shieldmasta, he couldn't suicide his Gadgetzan on it, and it bought me enough life to survive.

I usually play the deck extensively in ladder and it becomes a success after I feel good about it.

I would create a Mage spell with two mana cost that freezes a character and draws a card. I feel that the Mage lacks a way to freeze single targets to stagger area of effect spells effectively, and Control Mage could use some better tools.

None.

Angry Chicken.

I would personally just praise him and let him know that I worship him.

I am passionate about game design. I'm going to school for game design, and I'm around halfway done with my degree.

Catch StrifeCro talking Hearthstone and more on Twitter.

Continue reading...

7. welp

welp Active Member

THEDAVID

The victor at multiple Hearthstone tournaments, TheDavid approaches competitive play with a unique perspective. Rather than spending hours practicing specific builds, TheDavid enters tournaments with decks he’s never before played, gauging their strength based on his success. It might seem crazy, but this laidback style has earned him a spot on the Road to BlizzCon. The question isn’t what deck he’s been practicing with, but rather, which decks he hasn’t been practicing with.

The kind where I let the computer pick every card in a deck, then play it against a friend who did the same thing.

The only specific play I can remember is that in the first ranked game I ever played, I Dennised a turn-one arcane missiles to the face. I blame Reynad for telling me to always use all of my mana.

I like to YOLO a brand-new deck before a tournament and then trust in the heart of the cards. If it wins, then it's a success. I won the Fireside Gathering with a Handlock deck despite never playing Handlock before, then qualified from ZOTAC playing Warrior for the first time.

A neutral minion that destroys secrets. Every class should at least give you the option to counter anything played against you.

I would probably insta-concede to Hyped.

A penguin.

Offer two Major League-ready prospects and a player to be named later.

America and Chick-fil-A sandwiches.

Continue reading...

8. welp

welp Active Member

The players who will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

All of these worthy competitors have victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey! Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: their stories, their favorite cards, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

PUFFIN

Puffin is one of the more easily recognized Hearthstone players on the scene thanks in large part to his signature mascot, the majestic puffin. Puffin’s more than just a bird lover, however. He’s also a deck builder and avid teacher! When he’s not competing against the best of the best, Puffin enjoys offering advice to his viewers. He can often be found tinkering with new decks, combining cards to see what works, and bouncing ideas off his audience. On top of that, the signature puffin song he leads play sessions with makes his stream a great place to hang out and talk Hearthstone!

There are a lot of decks I enjoy playing, but my two favorite would have to be Tempo Rogue and Mid-range Shaman.

It's hard to pinpoint a favorite/crazy play since there have been so many. I think my favorite Hearthstone moment was winning the series to beat the Chinese team in the NA vs CN 2P Tournament. This was the first big Hearthstone tournament after BlizzCon and it was casted by Trump and Kripp. Just being able to win it for NA was a great feeling, especially doing it with Shaman, which wasn't a much-played class at the time.

I generally just have an idea and I test it out on the ladder or with a practice partner. When testing on the ladder, I just play it and see things that I feel are missing and try to adjust it to the current meta, which can shift rapidly. When testing with a practice partner, we'll usually do directed testing vs. established strong decks in the meta and play out a series and then just iterate on the deck until it works. A deck is officially a success when it can reliably win, or win a specific matchup that it's created for. Decks for the ladder have to be more generic and catered towards the ladder meta, whereas, decks for tournaments can be more specific and geared towards the tournament format and specific matchups.

I would want a card with spell taunt, probably a neutral rare five mana cost 3/7 with spell taunt.

So many great players have qualified, so I'm just going to focus on my own game and try to play the best I can. I don't think I'll be nervous playing against any particular player since I've played against a lot of the best players already, but playing in a live environment is a bit nerve-racking even though I have some experience with that already. I think I’ll be more prepared this time if it comes to that.

A puffin, of course.

I used to have a pretty good deal with Ragnaros, but Amaz seems to have one-upped everyone for the right to Ragnaros’s favor.

What are you passionate about outside of Hearthstone and other games?

I'm passionate about good food, sports, and spending time with friends and family.

Puffin can be spotted playing Hearthstone on Twitch. He can also be found on Twitter!

Continue reading...

9. welp

welp Active Member

VARRANIS

One of the premiere players on team DKMR’s (Don’t Kick My Robot) roster, Varranis has proven his skill with numerous tournament victories and regular high finishes on the Ranked Play ladder. He has accomplished all of this while courageously enduring a neuromuscular disorder known as Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Despite the ailment, Varranis maintains a cheerful disposition and spends his afternoons streaming Hearthstone.

My friends are on the other side of the convention hall, scoping out the dealers’ tables and catching up with tourney buddies while they wait for the next round to begin. I just finished in the fifty-third minute. I gather my cards and shuffle a little for the next round. I grimace as I struggle to lift my head and look around. The other competitors are milling about the pairing boards, eagerly anticipating the declaration of the next opponent. Younger players still in the hunt zip about with energy and a newly found confidence while veterans wait patiently murmuring inside jokes amongst friends. I’m tired. What do I do? I’ve been playing cards for six hours and I kind of need to use the restroom. But that will take ten minutes, and the next round is sure to start in two. I could go chat with my friends, but those two minutes will be gone before I can roll up my play mat, pack my dice, and pick up my cards. I nibble on an apple slice foraged from the remains of my lunch and consent to wait out these few minutes. At least I have fixed seating for the tournament, so I won’t have to scramble to find my next seat. I relax for a moment and let my arms rest, contemplate what matchup I might face next, and before I know it my opponent is sitting across from me and introducing himself.

Physical card tournaments are a grueling ordeal even for the most able-bodied. Due to my physical disability, large events tend to play out as I’ve described above. I’ve played a lot of different card games, including the old World of Warcraft TCG. Most of those games require a lot of traveling to play competitively, which didn’t work well for me due to my disability and busy work schedule. Being almost entirely online, I can play major Hearthstone tournaments from my home and more on my own schedule. Having enjoyed another Blizzard title or two in the past, Hearthstone felt like a perfect fit for me. The design is also phenomenal, offering numerous strategic decisions in a short span of time and within a simple framework. For the other veteran TCG/CCG players out there, it’s also nice not having to search my stacks of thousands of paper cards for that one unheard of common that is suddenly the hot new tech card. Building decks in Hearthstone is like having a search function for my apartment.

Control Warrior. I’ve always been a sucker for the mind games and chess like elements of control decks. Control decks generally mean more options every turn, and more options means more interesting decisions to make. There’s nothing more satisfying than watching the plans you hatched on turn 2 bubble to fruition netting a win on turn 12.

I’m a pretty practical guy, so my favorite plays tend to be pretty boring. I get to draw four cards off my Starving Buzzard? Heck yes! I had one armor left from last turn, so Shield Block plus Armor Up gives me the eight armor I need to Shield Slam a Ragnaros? I don’t ask for much.

We have a pretty rigorous deck testing process on my team (DKMR). If one of us comes up with a crazy new idea, a slight variation on a popular deck, or just wants to improve with a standard list, we’ll play a series of best of fives we call DKMR Challenges. This gives us a good feel for the deck in the context of tournament play and allows us to test multiple decks or a specific combination of decks.

During this testing, I’ll generally look to see if I feel the deck in question excels in either consistency or power level. If a deck is consistent, it’s often not too hard to make consistently powerful by adding a bit more end game or a particularly powerful combo. If a deck is powerful in a unique way, it can often be enough to catch opponents unawares or to attack the meta from a different angle.

In fact, testing is often about finding the specific cards or strategies to target the popular decks. If Hunter Mid-range is popular, perhaps we’ll test a more aggressive version of Hunter to gain an edge in the mirror. If Miracle is enemy number one, we might look to revamp the ole’ trusty Paladin Aggro deck. A deck is a success when it can hold up both in internal testing and find success in a tournament setting.

Varanis Bitterstar

Mage Minion

4 Mana

3/5

Spell Power +1

Whenever you Emote for the first time each turn, deal 1 damage to a random enemy character.

I’m excited for the tournament in general. Everyone participating will be top notch, which means awesome games and an awesome time. I’ve played against a lot of the top players already and have been playing competitive card games for a while, so there’s no nervous factor. I encourage less seasoned players participating not to be nervous either. A little bit of confidence goes a long way toward clearing your head and making the best plays.

Perhaps a sad panda. He’s neither especially threatening nor happy about what you’ve done.

Definitely not by shaking hands. That seems like a sure way to get burned.

I have far too many passions for my own good. I’m passionate about my amazing wife, my job, reading, writing, board games, and just generally appreciating the world around me.

Varranis can be found on both Twitch and Twitter, and is a great source of Hearthstone knowledge!

Continue reading...

10. welp

welp Active Member

The first step towards participating in the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014 is to qualify for a Championship Qualifier Tournament! There’s a few ways you can become eligible to participate in the Championship Qualifier Tournaments, and our community run tournaments are here to help you get in on all the action!

From now until August 31, participating and performing well in one of the community tournaments listed below may net you a spot on the Championship Qualifier Tournament list! The player who places first at these tournaments will be awarded a seed into the appropriate Qualifier Tournament as long as they meet the eligibility requirements found in the official rules. If the winning player is already qualified for the tournament, or is found to be ineligible, the seed will not move down to the next placing player. Qualifier Tournament seeds are allocated by tournament region; For example, if the community tournament event takes place in the European region, the winner of that event will earn a seed to the Hearthstone Europe Qualifier Tournament.

None of the events below are operated by, nor are they in conjunction with, Blizzard Entertainment. These are also not the only events where a seed will be offered; some events will be weekly while others may be one-time events. Be sure to check back often for information about events as they are added, and also keep an eye out for updates from your favorite community tournament organizers.

Check out the links below for more information on what tournaments have been selected to offer a spot at the Championship Qualifier Tournament table. Last updated on August 26, 2014.

European Region Community Tournaments:

Time Tournament Seeds
    August 31, 14:00 CEST ZOTAC Hearthstone EU Cup #31 1
    August 31, 16:00 CEST ESL Tt eSports Summer Challenge Cup #14 1

*Additional community tournaments will be added as time goes on, so be sure to bookmark this page for updates!

Americas Region Community Tournaments:

Time Tournament Seeds
    August 30, 00:00 CEST ZOTAC Hearthstone NA Cup #31 1
    August 30, 20:00 CEST Good Game Sydney 2
    August 31 National ESL Pre Season Cup #59 2

*Additional community tournaments will be added as time goes on, so be sure to bookmark this page for updates!

For more information on the Hearthstone World Championship, click here! The Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014 offers a whopping $250,000 prize pool for those dedicated enough to make the trip! Participate in a community tournament today; we hope to see you at BlizzCon!

Continue reading...

11. welp

welp Active Member

Hearthstone’s August 2014 Ranked Play Season: The Chill of Icecrown is coming to a close at the end of the month, and with it your chances of acquiring the Icecrown card back for your collection.

The Icecrown card back will only be available during August, so be sure to hit Rank 20 before September 1st in order to qualify and don’t miss out! Reach Rank 20 or better and the card back will be awarded to you at the end of the season.

[​IMG]

This is the final month to qualify for the Championship Qualifiers through Ranked Play! The top 16 Legend players from the August 2014 Ranked Play Season will qualify to participate at a Championship Qualifier Tournament! For more information on the Hearthstone World Championship, click here. Your chance at undying glory and the $250,000 prize pool awaits!

Acquire all new cards for your Hearthstone collection with Curse of Naxxramas: A Hearthstone Adventure! Delve into five unique Quarters of the Necropolis and test your card-slinging mettle against Naxxramas’ undead denizens. The Arachnid Quarter is still free for a limited time, so venture into the Necropolis now!

The September 2014 Ranked Play Season —and a new card back along with it—await you next month!

Continue reading...

12. welp

welp Active Member

The action’s getting hotter than Ragnaros in the summer as we draw closer to the Hearthstone World Championship! With the Last Call Tournament wrapped up, the World Championship Americas Qualifier Tournament stands as the next challenge for qualified card-slingers such as Hafu, Savjz, and ThatsAdmirable. The goal for this event is a top 16 finish leading to on-site tournaments in New York City. The winners will be one step closer to a shot at competing for a share of the $250,000 prize pool at BlizzCon 2014.

The Americas World Championship Qualifier Tournament will be streamed live on the official Hearthstone Twitch account, with casting from Monk and Frodan.

Prepare yourself! Here’s the event schedule:

• September 12–14
      • 02:00 start time on all three days (5:00 p.m. PDT)
      • Players must be checked in by 01:30 (4:30 p.m. PDT)

The first phase of the World Championship Americas Qualifier Tournament will feature 128 card-slingers, each armed with three carefully crafted decks submitted beforehand. You’ve already had the opportunity to get to know some of these hopeful hometown heroes, now get ready to cheer on your favorites! Grab some friends, some snacks, and join us for what’s sure to be an exciting few days of competitive Hearthstone.

The European portion of the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments will not be streamed until the second phase on September 26 and 27 at the Ericson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden.

More information on the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments can be found here.

Continue reading...

13. welp

welp Active Member

It’s no easy feat making it to the World Championship at BlizzCon 2014—the road is long, nerve-wracking, and filled with skilled players from all over the world! Currently, qualified card-slingers everywhere are dueling their way through various tournaments in an effort to make it to the next stage. Soon, individuals from Korea, Taiwan, China, Europe, and the Americas will come together at the biggest showdown in competitive Hearthstone, but just how do they get there?

We’ve conjured a handy visual guide to help you track the progress of your favorite players! Be sure to watch for updates as they continue to travel the Road to BlizzCon. Also, get to know some of them better in our Victory! Road to BlizzCon series!

[​IMG]

More on the World Championship Qualifier Tournament rules can be found here. For additional information on the World Championship format, check out the official blog.

Continue reading...

14. welp

welp Active Member

Duelists, deck builders, entertainers and more! The Road to BlizzCon is traveled by players across the globe, from many different walks of life. We’ve had the pleasure of learning more about these skillful card-slingers of late, offering windows into their unique and varied personalities. Huuuuuge plays, pacts made with the Firelord, favorite beverages and other interesting tidbits wait in the compendium of player interviews below.

Who will you be rooting for come the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments?

[​IMG]

Razor is an innovative player who enjoys experimenting with less frequently used cards!

[​IMG]

What lies beyond backspace’s ducky tie? A duelist who loves to joke around and construct killer rogue decks!

[​IMG]

Don’t let Blackout’s age fool you! This determined rogue player has victory in his sights!

[​IMG]

Lbeyak’s a methodical duelist who loves to utilize refined control tactics to vex his opposition!

[​IMG]

ThatsAdmirable loves two things: Hearthstone and huuuuuge plays!

[​IMG]

Chakki plays so aggressively that playing aggro should just be called ‘playing Chakki’!

[​IMG]

If you deign to challenge StrifeCro, prepare to face horrible hordes of high health beasts!

[​IMG]

TheDavid actually wins tournaments by… not practicing for them?

[​IMG]

Puffin is actually a person, and not a bird. He just really likes puffins!

[​IMG]

Varranis is a courageous card-slinger who doesn’t let his disability hold him back!

[​IMG]

DTwo is a man of many interests - tennis, the cello, and Hearthstone!

[​IMG]

Savjz is a seasoned veteran who keeps his cool under pressure!​

[​IMG]

Reynad. Deck-builder. Team owner. Fantastic hair.​

[​IMG]

Kolento is the guy that cooks up all those scary Druid decks you hear about.​

[​IMG]

Prodigy is a mad scientist that enjoys playing the Mad Scientist card!​

Continue reading...

15. welp

welp Active Member

To ensure that StarCraft II continues to offer a smooth experience for players when Patch 2.1.4 goes live, we’re looking for some extra help testing on the PTR, and that’s where you come in. When you test the new features on the PTR in all the various game modes (Matchmaking, Custom Games, Arcade, vs AI) and reach level 5, you’ll become eligible to win some awesome prizes.

How to Qualify

You’ll have from 12:00 a.m. PDT on August 26, 2014 to 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 22, 2014 to reach level 5 on the StarCraft II PTR in order to become eligible for the prizes below. You can check out the official rules here: Patch 2.1.4 PTR Participation Giveaway – Official Rules.

Prizes for participation

To all players who reach level 5 on the PTR:

• A one month subscription for Twitch Turbo

To 50 random players who reach level 5 on the PTR:

• A Twitch subscription for WCS EU/AM

To one random player who reaches level 5 on PTR:

• A pair (2) of 2014 BlizzCon tickets

How to Get In

Accessing the Public Test Realm is easy with the Battle.net Desktop App. Once you've installed and logged into the App, select StarCraft II from your list of games. Next, click the region selection box above the Play button, choose "PTR: Heart of the Swarm" from the dropdown list, and hit Install. If you own a copy of StarCraft II but don’t see a PTR option available, you can enable PTR access by going to Battle.net Account Management and selecting the Public Test Region button under your game license. Once your installation is complete, hit Play to launch the PTR and start digging in to all of the goodies mentioned above.

[​IMG]

If you'd like to switch back to the current version of StarCraft II, simply exit the game and head back to the Battle.net App to switch the region selector back to your preferred Battle.net region.

Please note that the Public Test Realm can only be accessed through the Battle.net Desktop App as outlined above. Attempting to launch “StarCraft II Public Test.exe,” found in your StarCraft II installation folder will not grant entry into the PTR.

Download the Battle.net App
    Thank you very much for helping us test upcoming StarCraft II features on the Public Test Realm. Your participation will be vital during this extended testing period as we prepare to roll out StarCraft II Patch 2.1.4.

Continue reading...

16. welp

welp Active Member

If you’re interested in sharpening your Hearthstone skills, plenty of people out there are making entertaining and informative videos. Among these luminaries you’ll find pro players and skilled amateurs who all share a common goal—to entertain viewers by sharing their knowledge of the game mixed up with memorable moments and even a few laughs along the way.

Today We’re Featuring Gnimsh!

[​IMG]
    Our Watch and Learn features thus far have focused on great streamers, but there are also players out there creating great video content in addition to streaming, and Gnimsh is one of them! Gnimsh is a successful pro Hearthstone player and a captain of the Cloud 9 Hearthstone team, which includes other famous names such as Hafu, Strifecro, EkOp, and Kolento! In addition to streaming his matches, he also helps produce and host the Turn 2 video podcast on iHearthU.com.

Gnimsh has also recently been found behind the podium shoutcasting major Hearthstone tournaments.

You can find links to all of our streamer profiles on the forums.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your videos?
    Gnimsh: Hey guys, I’m an easy going person who loves Blizzard games. On my stream I’m always vocal about my plays and try to explain the logic behind them, all while having fun and enjoying Hearthstone. I also often make lore comments as I’m a fan of Warcraft’s story and characters, or just chat about whatever is happening in our nerdy world.

Q: What’s your favorite Battlecry?
    Gnimsh: The Imp Master’s “Ugh, I’m not a morning person!”

Q: How did you get into Hearthstone?
    Gnimsh: I was one of the top World of Warcraft card game players with a long history in other TCGs. When Hearthstone was announced at PAX East, I knew that it would be my gateway to eSports and that I could transition from the tabletop to videogames. I’ve always loved the Warcraft universe and card games, and Hearthstone brings both of those things together to make my perfect game.

Q: Do you have any advice for new Hearthstone players?
    Gnimsh: Take your time and have fun! There is no need for you to try to rush into the pro scene. Enjoy every moment of the game and its design, especially if it’s your first card game! The experience of opening your first card pack or defeating your first opponent is fantastic and really valuable!

When to Watch
    You can find Gnimsh on iHearthU.com every Thursday at 21:00 p.m. CEST on Turn 2. Gnimsh also streams during the week at around the same time, though he might not be streaming if he’s preparing for a tournament.

Don’t forget to follow Gnimsh on Twitter and get the latest updates on what he’s doing via Facebook. You can also find archived videos, including his four part Arena guide, on YouTube. We were charmed and amused by the adventures of #LME the murloc on Instagram, and enjoyed some great event pics too!

Continue reading...

17. welp

welp Active Member

The players who will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

All of these worthy competitors have victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well! Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: their stories, their favorite cards, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

KOLENTO

It’s rumored that the first and last thing you hear before Kolento bests you in Hearthstone is a Savage Roar! The Ukrainian is well-known for his technical ability when it comes to both deck building and dueling across a number of different decks, but where he’s really made his mark is with Aggressive Druid, both before and after the Curse of Naxxramas adventure pack.

I’ve been excited about card games my whole life.

At the moment, probably Control Warrior.

Miracle Rogue one turn kill on Priest.

I try to imagine situations a deck can struggle with and then try to adjust the deck to become better in those difficult situations. A deck is successful when its win rate is close to that of a competitive deck’s win rate.

Probably a 2/4 minion with no special effect other than it being Priest-only.

None.

A 1/1 non-Beast minion.

I like beautiful landscapes.

Catch Kolento designing decks on both Twitch and Twitter!

Continue reading...

18. welp

welp Active Member

These worthy competitors each have victory on their minds, but they also bring their own unique spark to the journey as well! Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

REYNAD

What’s more impressive than being a top notch ladder player in Hearthstone? Why, creating popular ladder decks, of course! Reynad first attained notoriety on the scene with a high-powered aggressive Warrior deck and has continued to be an innovator on the scene with a number of different classes, including Warlock and Hunter. When he’s not piecing together popular decks, Reynad runs the professional Hearthstone team Tempo Storm, creates Hearthstone content, and more. It’s fair to assume that he might really enjoy the game!

It changes often, but I have the most fun playing Handlock, Zoo, Control Warrior, and Tempo Rogue.

I get an idea in my head and play a million games on ladder with it. If I feel like it has potential I keep tweaking it. Nine times out of ten it's not good enough, but occasionally a deck will go undefeated for an absurd number of games, at which point I play it up to top 5 Legend and consider it a success.

I just want 1 mana Shiv back. Or maybe a better life gain card, like a 2 mana 1/3 taunt that gains 3 life.

I'm just hoping to dodge my teammates! Tides and I have a history of knocking each other out of events.

A Salt Shaker.

Look at how I go about doing it, then do the opposite of that.

Learning how to run a business.

Be sure to catch Reynad talking Hearthstone on both Twitter and Twitch.

Continue reading...

19. welp

welp Active Member

NEIREA

While other players are busying themselves with competing in the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments, Neirea has already secured himself a spot at the top 16 event at the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden. He might not be a household name yet, but he’s aiming to show just what he’s capable of. Given that he’s finished top 50 on the European ladder every season in the first five Ranked Play seasons, we’re going to assume that he’s capable of a lot.

I watched some streams and was excited to play the game. After two months of waiting I got an invite and started to play Hearthstone almost every day.

Handlock and Freeze Mage.

My Favorite play is Pyroblast to the face with lethal damage when I have 1hp after Ice Block.

I just play ladder and look at how the deck does. Success is probably top 30 with it.

A minion Roulette (2mana cost 0/4 stats) that is immune to all direct sources of damage and casts 1 of 10 random spells at a random target (including your own minions and Hero).

I don’t even think about that.

A little gnome.

Just don't play Rag and he will come make a deal with you himself.

I like to watch football (soccer), tennis, and some other sports on TV. I also like to play other videogames with my friends.

Continue reading...

20. welp

welp Active Member

The opening weekend of the Hearthstone World Championship is officially in the books, and it did not disappoint! 128 of the most skillful duelists in both the Americas and Europe regions grabbed a seat by the hearth with the aim to secure one of the 14 remaining spots at the second phase of the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments. Below are the 16 individuals from each region that qualified.

NA EU
    hyped Neirea
    Firebat Kolento
    Chakki MCPnoisyboy
    ThatsAdmirable Thefishou
    tidesoftime Theude
    StrifeCro Reynad
    Tarei NumberGuy
    DeathstarV3 TheFallen
    Kuhaku Matthew
    StUnNeR Frezzar
    Deerjason MrYagut
    Staz Lowelo
    JAB Max
    Chalk ThijsNL
    Twisted Cupcake
    DTwo Lifecoach

What comes next? Why, a date with Hearthstone destiny at either the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City or the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden. There, players will duel for four coveted spots that lead directly to BlizzCon, where eight players and a prize pool of $250,000 await.

Read over the Victory! Road to BlizzCon blogs to learn more about the card-slingers representing the different regions! Additionally, we’ve constructed an easy-to-read map explaining the entirety of the Road to BlizzCon. Keep informed as we draw closer to the conclusion of the Hearthstone World Championship!

Continue reading...