Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Game News!' started by jamiew0w, Sep 7, 2014.
This thread will be updated by a bot.
[ SYSTEMS ]
- Updated a large number of systems necessary for the Linux client.
[ MISC ]
- “kill” command is no longer possible in competitive matchmaking matches ( except during warmup ).
- Fix for CTs not speaking their radio lines when throwing an Incendiary grenade.
- Voice status text now shows the player location for teammates.
- Radio command location text is now colored in chat.
- Planted bomb status now displays for spectators.
- Improved some inventory, inspect and economy audio feedback.
[ OPERATION BREAKOUT ]
- Operation Breakout is on sale.
[ PERFORMANCE ]
- Improved performance when scoreboard is visible.
- Improved performance when spectator panel is visible.
- Improved performance in some cases where avatars and “Display” items are displayed.
[ MAPS ]
– Various bug fixes.
– Fixed buyzone bug in competitive mode.
– Updated overview map.
– Tec9: Improved accuracy and reduced recoil.
– Added new spawn entities that can be placed in maps and are used and prioritized when playing arms race (info_armsrace_counterterrorist & info_armsrace_terrorist).
– Fixed only one non-primary weapon showing on spectator player panels.
– Improved performance as a spectator when the scoreboard was visible.
– Improved dynamic shadow support.
– Better detection of hardware capabilities to improve performance.
– Added multi-threaded rendering support.
— Added a boiler to boiler
— Fixed a missing texture near Bombsite B
The third season of Fragbite Masters is coming up, and this season will include a CS:GO event featuring 16 top CS:GO teams. The event runs from September 22nd until November 9th, so CS:GO fans can expect over a month of action.
Twelve teams have been invited, and the remaining four will be decided through qualifying events that begin Monday, September 22nd at 19:00 CET.
The entire event will feature 22 days of CS:GO broadcasts, culminating in a LAN final on November 8th and 9th.
Check out Fragbite Masters Season 3, and watch some of the best CS:GO teams in action!
Hey Operation Breakout fans! We’re entering the final days of the operation, which runs until October 2nd.
Until then, you still have a chance to play all of the great Operation maps on official Valve servers. You’ll have until the end of the operation to complete your missions, upgrade your Challenge Coin, and add stats to your Operation Journal.
Jump into a match and play these Operation maps while you still can!
– Tec-9: Further improved accuracy and additionally reduced recoil.
–Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse a bomb in A site from B balcony
–Added collision to top of pillars in Park
–Added a boiler to room next to A pit (now known as Boiler)
– Matchmaking sessions system has been significantly improved.
— Matchmaking backend load can now be amortized better across different game modes.
— Connectivity to game servers can be fully recovered after CS:GO backend updates.
— Games in progress remain joinable after game servers or some players lost and regained their connection to Steam servers.
— Searching for all official game modes will show the same user interface that displays the number of players searching.
— When a game update is released, clients who are searching for a match will be notified to update their client.
– Official competitive matches will abort if any player has abandoned prior to the end of warmup.
– Made it possible to connect to community servers
– Made it possible to download custom content from servers
– Fixed a variety of bugs when using non-English locales
– Added icon in the store page
– Improved client stability
– Fixed a bug causing a line in the shadows to follow the player around
– Improved client stability
– Fixed a case where the wrong Operation name was displayed.
– Improved client stability
– Reworked main menu item bar
— Now supports ability to offer individual items, including a set of new community stickers
— Added “Explore a Case” market link, which filters for the case and all contents
— Added a link that filters for keys.
— Added ability to preview community stickers that are offered
It’s the end of Operation Breakout, CS:GO’s most successful operation so far. Combined, CS:GO players spent over ten million hours playing the operation maps.
There were clear favorites with Insertion leading the pack in daily Competitive playtime, taking in over 21% of Competitive Operation map playtime (with Overgrown and BlackGold in second and third).
We also released an update today and you can read release notes here.
For those of you who have been looking for an Operation Breakout weapon case, good news: starting today the Operation Breakout cases will be dropping for all CS:GO players.
[ OPERATION BREAKOUT ]
– Operation Breakout ended and all missions are now expired.
[ MATCHMAKING ]
– Players on the same LAN as a community game server can now connect to it directly using LAN-internal IP addresses.
– Fixed client connectivity issues to community GOTV relay chains.
– Community servers will now reload the map and game rules when the first player joins after server hibernation.
– Fixed incorrect networking of some values including StatTrak counters from Linux dedicated servers.
– Friends who are trying to join a game invite to an official non-competitive game that is full will receive the corresponding message in main menu.
– Fixed CS:GO match sharing links to work even if the game is already running when they are clicked.
– Friends playing on competitive community servers will now correctly show community status on the in-game friends list.
– Fixed rich presence and join status for friends who are watching Overwatch evidence or demo replays.
– Restored functionality of several menu items in the pause menu.
[ UI ]
– The “COUNTRY” section in the Buy Menu now shows flag images.
– Renamed MOVEMENT to MOBILITY in the Buy Menu.
– Added the raw movement value to the MOBILITY section in the Buy Menu.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Tagging (movement slowdown when hit) has changed.
— Tagging is now slightly cumulative. Damaging someone in quick succession will apply slightly more tagging and slow them down more (to a point).
— Your currently held weapon now determines how much you are tagged when getting hit. How much you are tagged depends on the weapon’s “Mobility” value. The higher the Mobility value, the less you will get tagged when hit.
— Unified tagging values when shooting people in different parts of the body.
— Players now get tagged slightly (based on the weapon they’re holding) when they take HE blast damage.
— All weapons have updated tagging values.
– All SMGs now have ~20% more armor penetration.
– Some movement affecting server values have changed (sv_stopspeed increased to 80, sv_accelerate decreased to 5.5, sv_friction increased to 5.2).
– Fixed players getting stopped by teammate’s “in flight” grenades.
– Players who are hit by grenades “in flight” that were thrown by the other team now take a small amount of impact damage.
– Slightly increased size and contrast of most impact decals to increase impact readability.
– Impact and blood particle effects have changed slightly to improve impact readability.
[ SDK ]
– Custom maps can now spawn HE grenade projectiles using class hegrenade_projectile.
– Hammer bug fixes and improvements
— Fixed a bug where the Model Browser would become unresponsive
— Removed shortcut key for Radius Culling
— Extended functionality of Instancing – Collapse. Now allows to collapse recursively or not.
— Hammer now saves status of Instancing – View Instances
— Face Edit Sheet:
— Added buttons to randomize X and Y texture shift
— Texture scale now supports 3 decimals
— Texture shift now rolls over from 1024 to -1024
— Buttons to increase/decrease Texture Scale now increments with .005
– demoinfogo has been updated. It now parses and dumps out string tables, data/send tables, and PacketEntities.
CS:GO MAJOR TOURNEY AT DREAMHACK WINTER 2014
Marks Fourth Consecutive $250K CS:GO Major
October 3, 2014 — Valve today announced a $250,000 prize pool for the DreamHack CS:GO Championship at DreamHack Winter 2014.
Taking place in Jönköping, Sweden from November 27-29, the upcoming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament will feature eight quarter-finalists from ESL One Cologne 2014. They will be joined by eight teams to be decided by regional qualifiers. All the action from the Finals will be streamed live via continuous high-quality coverage provided by DreamHack.
For the first time, the DreamHack CS:GO Championship will feature a special boot camp – all teams are invited to Stockholm to train before the tournament, with support for accommodations provided by DreamHack and Valve.
The upcoming event will be the fourth $250,000 CS:GO Major tournament, pushing the total prize pool to $1 million awarded since last year’s DreamHack SteelSeries CS:GO Championship.
In addition, the past season of Major tournaments generated record-breaking viewing audiences, with 3 million unique viewers “tuning in” for the last Major tournament, ESL One Cologne held in August of this year. Also in the past year, CS:GO’s player numbers for have grown by more than 250%, and content contributors have grossed more than $3.5 million dollars selling their items and maps for the game.
Valve is the creator of game technologies (Source, Steam) and numerous best-selling game franchises (Counter-Strike, Dota 2, Half-Life, Portal, and Team Fortress).
Hosted in Jönköping, Sweden, DreamHack is to date the world’s largest digital festival, and holds the official world record as the world’s largest LAN party in the Guinness Book of Records.
For more information about CS:GO visit http://blog.counter-strike.net/
For more information about DreamHack Winter 2014, please visit http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw14/
– Introducing Music Kits, featuring new music exclusively made for CS:GO by various artists and composers.
– When equipped, Music Kits replace all of the music in the game and include an anthem that plays whenever you are MVP.
– Music Kits can be shared through the scoreboard. Use the context menu to check out another players music.
– Music Kits are currently available as a special offer for CS:GO players.
– Added music volume controls for the following:.
— Main Menu
— Round Start
— Round End
— Map objective
— Ten Second Warning
— Death Camera
– HE grenade damage tagging is now scaled based on the damage applied.
– Fixed being able to pick up the bomb through some opaque solid walls – you now need LOS unless you get close enough to touch it directly.
– Fixed some bullet penetration bugs.
– Fixed a radar naming bug on Dust2.
– Fixed an issue where friends parties were not preserved when returning to lobby from an official competitive match.
– Added more specific net_graph connection descriptions for official and community servers.
– Fixed configuration of GOTV replays recording in South Africa.
– Private matches in non-competitive game modes will host the game on lobby leader’s listen server.
– Pause menu allows to invite more friends to a private match hosted on a listen server.
– Fixed connectivity to sv_lan 1 game servers.
– The +graph command now respects the server’s sv_max_allowed_net_graph convar.
– Fixed a visual glitch caused by inspecting a shotgun while reloading.
– The inspect in-game feature for marketplace assets no longer requires the previous owner id.
— Added the ability to dump only specific things from the demo using command line arguments. Run the tool with no arguments to see the list of options with descriptions.
— Game Events that have userid’s will show the player name as well as optionally show position and facing. The position and facing are the last read values, and do not include interpolation/prediction.
— Fixed a couple bugs in parsing that would cause missed player info when parsing some demos.
CS:GO is filled with music, from the moment you reach the main menu until your inevitable death (hey, it happens!). And starting today, that music can help you establish your identity in the game: introducing music kits, available as a special offer for CS:GO players.
You can share your music kit with anyone you are playing with, and they include a special broadcasted MVP Anthem that plays whenever you are MVP.
Nine Music Kits are available now. They feature new music exclusively made for CS:GO by various artists and composers. Check them out below.
Want a music kit? They’re available as offers in game, or you can pick one up now though the Steam market.
Turn up your music, and Go! Go! Go!
– Moved achievement icons to images on disk. The win panel now uses those images.
– Fixed OSX audio options
– Win/Lose round music cues now play music from the equipped music pack.
– Fixed bug where many items would be rendered with incorrect lighting causing them to appear very dark or black.
— Fixed a bug with entity lookup from player userid that was causing incorrect position/facing/team info for players in game events.
– In game characters are now celebrating the spooky season with masks.
– The spirits of fallen friends have again risen to haunt player death cameras (they show up in the world during death/freeze cameras in game).
– When there’s no more room in Chicken Hell….
– Added convar sv_holiday_mode (set to 0 on the server to disable holiday festivities).
– Fixed radius damage from exploding HE grenade to not get applied to last bot’s location where bot had been taken over by a human.
– Bots can no longer be controlled by humans during warmup.
– Updated inventory inspect animation to reveal both sides of knife blades.
– Added six new offers community stickers.
–Fixed wallbang inconsistency through closed window in apartments near Bombsite B
–Optimized placement of blue potted plant T side of mid
–Made balcony at Bombsite B slightly larger
–Opened up skybox from CT spawn to Bombsite B
–Added relaxing windchimes to CT spawn
–Fixed bugs where players could get stuck on roof overhangs
–Fixed some textures with wrong surface properties
–Removed some wacky boost spots
–Updated collision model on pillars in Ruins
Ah Halloween: a time for costumes, chickens, and spooky fun.
This year the CS:GO team will be ushering in the season with an update celebrating all manner of holiday shenanigans.
Each of our hardened operators have decided to have a little Halloween fun by wearing masks, be sure to look for masks from PAYDAY 2 and Team Fortress 2!
Ghost In The (Spent) Shell
Death comes for us all eventually, and during our Halloween event you once again have a chance to see the ghosts of your fallen friends haunting the battlefield.
A Murder Most Fowl
BEWARE! For with all these treats, also come tricks. For too long the chickens of CS:GO have idly watched as their brethren were slaughtered by the droves, and on All Hollow’s Eve there is no more room in Chicken Hell.
In addition to the seasonal fun, this weekend (Oct. 24-26) marks the FaceIT LAN finals. Not only is a $50,000 prize purse up for grabs, but this is a great opportunity to watch some of the top teams in the world. Marvel at their skill. Pick up a few pointers. But above all else: be thankful you’re not playing against them.
Happy Halloween everyone!
– Fixed masks drawing through smoke.
– Fixed grenades getting stuck in chickens.
– Doom sticker is no longer invisible.
– A VAC error message will now take the user to a KB article to help resolve the error.
Looking for the world’s best CS:GO teams? They’re competing at the 2014 Electronic Sports World Cup, which is marching toward the Grand Final this weekend.
All of the details, previous results, schedules and streams can be found here. Who will rise to the top? Tune in to find out!
– Six community maps added to the Operation Vanguard map group, available for free to ALL CS:GO players.
— de_marquis, de_facade, de_season, de_bazaar, cs_workout, and cs_backalley
– The Operation Vanguard Pass is now available. With an operation pass, you’ll receive:
— A personal Operation Vanguard Journal
— Exclusive access to the new Operation Vanguard weapon case as a separate timed drop.
— TWO all-new Campaigns: Weapon Specialist and Vanguard. Choose your own path through a series of missions that span the globe, and receive extra weapons or Operation Vanguard weapon cases as a reward.
— Access to two optional campaigns: Maghreb and Eurasia.
— An Operation Vanguard Challenge Coin, which can be upgraded by completing branches of a campaign.
— Active Duty and Vanguard Scorecards, and Friends Leaderboards to track and compare your Competitive Matchmaking performance throughout the Operation.
– Operation runs until February 10th, 2015.
– Friendly Fire has been turned off.
– de_stmarc, de_lake and de_safehouse are now available in Arms Race mode.
– Fixed game reporting the wrong name of the player who got to knife level in Arms Race.
– Major update to Arms Race mode:
— Leaders (players with the highest weapon index) from each team now glow for a short time after attacking.
— The weapon progression list now picks a weapon randomly from 5 fixed weapon categories.
— The number of levels to reach Golden Knife have been reduced to 16.
— Two kills are needed to upgrade with each weapon (unless you get a knife kill or kill the enemy leader).
— Added some new sounds to AR mode.
— To see more of the Arms Race rules changes, see this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336510139
– Friendly Fire has been turned off.
– de_shortdust added to Demolition mode
– Changed Deathmatch bonus weapon to support all guns.
– When FF is off, bullets no longer penetrate teammates
– Fixed grenades icons in weapon panel obeying the user’s HUD color setting
– Fixed Mini-Scoreboard panel not properly hiding a few avatars slots on a full server in casual when you had the Mini-Scoreboard Style set to “Just Show Player Count”
– Fixed the freeze panel overlapping with the info panel.
– Halloween has come to a grisly end. (sv_holiday_mode set back to 0)
– Fixed rebuy not rebuying nades, defuse kit, or taser correctly.
– Volume of ambient and 1st person sounds have been slightly reduced in “headphones” setting.
– Death Camera music no longer plays while spectating.
– Half-time / Game-end music no longer plays in overwatch mode.
– Fixed bug where 10 second countdown music(s) would play after round end when round end music volume was set to 0.
– Addressed hitches that were caused by synchronous file i/o.
Welcome to Operation Vanguard, featuring unlimited free access to a collection of six top-rated community maps, and introducing Campaigns – a new and rewarding way to play CS:GO.
Join the Vanguard
With an Operation Vanguard Access Pass, you’ll gain access to a host of features.
Operation Vanguard features all new Operation Campaigns – forge your own path through a series of missions, earning extra Operation Vanguard Cases or weapon drops as a reward.
With your Access Pass, you can complete two missions per week in the two Campaigns included with the pass. If that’s not enough, you can take on optional Campaigns that will allow you to complete additional weekly missions and will send you farther across the globe. Complete a sequence of missions within a Campaign to earn Challenge Stars and upgrade your Operation Vanguard Challenge Coin!
In addition to campaigns, you’ll get a Competitive Scorecard to track key stats from all of your play in official competitive matches on Vanguard and Active Duty maps throughout the operation. Check out the Friends Leaderboard, and find out how you stack up against your friends.
Arms Race Update
Arms Race gets an overhaul with new rules and three maps previously restricted to Demolition mode. Will you charge through the weapon progression, or focus on taking down the enemy team’s leader? Check out this Arms Race Guide[link] for all the info on the Arms Race update.
All this and more (including a new map in Demolition mode!) in today’s update, so what are you waiting for? Your Operation begins now!
– Fixed Overpass MAG-7 mission in Eurasia Campaign.
– Fixed errant reward on Weapons Specialist Shortdust mission for all future mission completions.
– Fixed incorrect reporting of available missions in Operation Journal ToC.
– Fixed incorrect strings in missions UI.
– Fixed “needs more players” warning showing up incorrectly in missions UI.
– Fixed an inventory-related client crash.
– Minor bug fixes for de_facade.
– Minor bug fixes for cs_backalley.
– Added DreamHack 2014 Team Stickers and Legends Capsule
– Enabled the DreamHack 2014 Pick’Em Challenge
– Enabled DreamHack 2014 tab in the Watch Panel
– Added Mission FAQ to the Operation Vanguard website: http://www.counter-strike.net/operationvanguard/
– Mission cooldowns now display hours remaining in the mission panel and journal.
– Added a display showing how many missions a user can complete in the mission panel and journal.
– Added help text tooltip for the mission panel.
– Added Steam rich presence and twitch.tv integration data for Operation Vanguard maps.
– Fixed de_dust2 Galil mission
– Fixed bonus deathmatch weapon score calculation for missions.
– Added three restrictions to Competitive Matchmaking:
— If a player does not have a competitive Skill Group, they will not be able to queue in a party with a player having a very high Skill Group
— Accounts are restricted to two Competitive wins per day until they receive their competitive Skill Group
— Unless they are in a party of 5, players will not be able to queue for Competitive Matchmaking if their skill group range is very large.
– Fixed a case where the deathmatch bonus weapon panel was showing an uninitialized weapon icon.
– Made host_framerate convar accessible with sv_cheats enabled ( for movie makers )
– Spectators and GOTV viewers can now spectate grenades thrown by players. To do this, press and hold the Left Alt key when the player you are observing throws a grenade. Your camera will follow the grenade until you release the Left Alt key or the grenade explodes/expires.
– Fixed Alerts panel showing incorrect layout for certain bans and cooldowns.
– Bug fixes on Workout, Season, Facade, Bazaar and Marquis