- After joining the IRC the MOTD will be displayed giving you a quick rundown on the services available. If all else fails, you can use the #help channel or the contact us form.
- Change your name to what you want to be registered. (/nick)
- Message Nickserv and register. (/msg Nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL)
- Upon registration you'll initially be identifed with Nickserv so disconnect from the server and reconnect.
If you're still using the nick you registered with, you'll be prompted to identify. This is to stop other people (ab)using your nick. (/msg Nickserv identify PASSWORD)
- You will need to identify every time you join the IRC server. Some clients allow you to run commands upon joining so you can just add "/msg Nickserv identify PASSWORD" and have it identify automatically for you.
- After 60 days of inactivity your nick will be unregistered with nickserv, keep that in mind.