- Create an account on this website and go to your account.
- Click on teamspeak integration, then change identity.
- On your teamspeak client, click on settings, then Identities.
- Copy your "Unique ID" and paste it in the "change identity" box on the forums, and click save.
- That's it! If you don't automatically get assigned the server group, drop us a message here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Log out from the forums.
- Click log in, then sign in through steam.
- You'll be redirected to steampowered.com where you'll be prompted to use your Steam account on welp.me.
- Upon clicking yes, you'll be redirected back to welp.me where you click "associate account".
- Enter your forum account details.
- That's it!
- For windows, mIRC and Hexchat are the two most popular options. Hexchat is highly recommended and easier on the eyes.
- For Mac, Colloquy is the go-to (apparently).
- Cross Platform, Chatzilla, Pidgin and Hexchat.
Firstly, you'll want to add the welp.me server to the server list. We'll use Hexchat for these examples.
- Click on Hexchat in the title bar, then network list. Enter the nickname you'd like to use, then click Add.
- Name the network, hit enter then click Edit. This is what you will want yours to look like. Make sure and tick both of the SSL options and make note of the "Login Method" as we'll revisit that later. (If for whatever reason you don't want to use SSL, change the port to 6667 and untick the SSL options.)
- In the "Autojoin Channels" tab we can specify channels to automatically join, just make sure to enter #welp and not welp.
- So far when we launch hexchat, we will automatically connect to the welp IRC with SSL enabled and autojoin our channels, awesome.
- Next up, we're going to register our username so nobody else can use it. I've given that it's own section in the FAQ here.
- Remember the "Login Method" from above? Here we're going to select the first one (/msg nickserv) and enter our nickserv password.
- Lastly, we're going to get a vHost for added security. This also has it's own question in the FAQ.
Some handy commands.
- /join #channel - joins specified channel.
- /part - to leave one channel, /partall to leave all.
- /me - action message.
- /nick - changes your nick.
- /msg - starts a private chat with a user.
- /ignore - ignores the specified user.
- /quit - quits irc.
- /help - shows all available commands.
- After joining the IRC the MOTD will be displayed giving you a quick rundown on the services available. If all else fails, you can use the #help channel or the contact us form.
- Change your name to what you want to be registered. (/nick)
- Message Nickserv and register. (/msg Nickserv register PASSWORD EMAIL)
- Upon registration you'll initially be identifed with Nickserv so disconnect from the server and reconnect.
If you're still using the nick you registered with, you'll be prompted to identify. This is to stop other people (ab)using your nick. (/msg Nickserv identify PASSWORD)
- You will need to identify every time you join the IRC server. Some clients allow you to run commands upon joining so you can just add "/msg Nickserv identify PASSWORD" and have it identify automatically for you.
- After 60 days of inactivity your nick will be unregistered with nickserv, keep that in mind.
- A 'vHost' (virtual host) allows users to hide their hostmask (e.g., Rizon-BA37C5B3.rogers.com) with something creative (e.g., i.am.awesome). There is information in the server MOTD and if you require additional help you can try #vhost.
- You need to be identified with nickserv first, information on that here.
- Next, you need to request your vHost. (/msg hostserv request VHOST.GOES.HERE) Use periods instead of spaces.
- If it's taking a while for your request to be accepted, leave a message in #vhost and I'll get around to it eventually.
So after installing, launch WinSCP.
- Click on New Site in the left toolbar, then in the "File Protocol" dropdown, select FTP.
- Change the Encryption dropdown to "TLS/SSL Explicit encryption" note EXPLICIT, not IMPLICIT.
- Enter the hostname IP and PORT that you've been provided.
- Enter the username you've been provided, then click save, then login.
- You'll be prompted to enter your password next. If you get an error, double check the settings above. If you're still having trouble contact us here.
- The rest is standard, you can double click to download something or drag and drop. Enjoy.